Sports Marketing Experience
Christine Speedy's experience in sports marketing encompasses team, league, agency, athlete, and sponsor. Experience includes creating and printing marketing materials, event signage, sponsorship sales, ecommerce, web site development, consulting, budgeting, and speaking. From email blasts to contests, Christine has engaged in nearly every sports marketing activity one can imagine.
Branding sample: this icon was created for both online use and in print
Wrote and implemented Internet Marketing plan for 1st Miami Dolphins web site
numerous 'firsts' and awards including:
- 1st independent NFL team web site
- personally sold web only sponsorships offsetting all costs for first year of operation
- personally developed relationships with Yahoo!, DoubleClick, and RealNetworks; first in NFL and eventually led to league-wide alliance
- Generated significant new revenue streams in ecommerce and advertising
- highest web site traffic for any pro sports team (unofficial TMR stat)
- 1999 Golden Web Award -- Int'l. Assoc. of WebMasters and Designers
- 1999 International Webby Awards Winner
- 1999 Golden Arrow Award -- Fla. Direct Marketing Assoc.
- 1998 Golden Arrow Award -- Fla. Direct Marketing Assoc.
- 1998 Gold Addy Award -- Ad Club of Gtr. Ft. Lauderdale
- 1998 Best NFL Team Site -- U.S. Fans
- 1998 Best NFL Team Site -- Dick Butkus Football Network
- 1997 Best NFL Team Site -- Dick Butkus Footballl Network
Wrote and implemented Internet Marketing plan for 1st Fla. Marlins web site
Created Fla. Marlins media guide cover
Planned, developed, and marketed 1st Pro Player Stadium web site for Super Bowl XXXIII
Planned, developed, and marketed 1st sportsauthority.com web site
Developed 1st direct mail catalog for The Sports Authority
Additional The Sports Authority work included: in-store displays, packaging design, photography, advertising inserts
Planning, developing, search engine marketing for sportsandsponsorships.com
Event marketing materials including catalog, handouts, and banners for agency specializing in NASCAR
Neostar Sports - graphics services for Dan Marino Golf Celebrity Tournament and NASCAR related custom Internet programming application
Sports and Sponsorships needed a new image. With re-branding anchored by a new logo, the agency is easily identifiable in any media. Blue reverse of the logo is shown here for greater web impact. Company explodes sales in next 12 months following the rebranding.
Resource for Street & Smith's reporters for web related articles
Resource for Team Marketing Report book "selling.sports.on.the.web- The complete guide to revenue generating sports Internet sites"
Resource for Miami Dolphins staff advising individual athletes regarding setting up personal and non-profit web sites
Participant in annual Street & Smith's Sponsorship Forum
Participant in Street & Smith's Motorsports Marketing Forum
Participant in DMA's annual conferences
Who's who in Internet Marketing for business, AOL
"I've always been involved in sports- it's my passion in life and when I can mix it with business, that's the best job in the world!" Christine Speedy, President of Schantz Inc.
Christine is an avid golfer and board member of the Executive Women's Golf Association (EWGA).